Martin Daum is Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler Truck AG and member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG.
Appointed until: February 2025. First appointed: 2017. Nationality: German
Martin Daum was born on October 28, 1959, in Karlsruhe, Germany. After graduating from High School in 1978 he made an apprenticeship as a banker. 1980 he started his economics studies at the University of Mannheim, Germany, and finished with a master degree in Economics in 1985. After 2 years working as a Management Consultant Martin Daum joined the then Daimler-Benz AG in 1987.
Previous positions in the company:
- Executive Vice President, President & CEO, Daimler Trucks North America LLC, 2009
- Vice President, Operations Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2006
- Vice President, Product Unit Unimog, Special Vehicles & Controlling, Daimler AG, 2003
- Director, Controlling Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2002
- Director, Strategy CVD, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Director, General Manager Finance and Administration, Sterling Corporation, Willoughby, Ohio USA, 1997
- Director, Project Manager Controlling Light Truck Concept, Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Portland, USA, 1996
- Senior Manager, Commercial Director, debis Marketing Services GmbH, 1992
- Senior Manager, Assistant to the Board Member Trading and Marketing Services, debis AG, 1990
- Manager, Sales organization Overseas/Sales Companies Overseas, Daimler-Benz AG, 1988
- International Management Associate Program, Daimler-Benz AG, 1987